Quality of Products At SWF.com

disaster

Thinking of putting in my 1st SWF.com order Any feedback on quality of fish , delivery etc would be helpful.
Thanks

hot883

I have ordered several things off here and I am to tell you the colors are always better than the pictures. I ordered on Sat. night and recieved my order by Wed. I think. They have a 15 day garantee on live stock which you can't beat at all.
I am very pleased.

40 galons

only thing i have ordered was a refractometer and i am very happy with it. shipping wise and all

As long as you don't live in Alaska you'll probably be very pleased I have read nothing but excellent reviews on everything that people have purchased through here. I guess I'm just jealous!

B

blackburnd

I'm glad this thread was posted. I too was wondering about the quality of the livestock. There prices are lower that the LFS where I live (Shhh don't tell SWF.com) yet I read about people on this forum getting things from the LFS all the time. So I wondered if it was because of the lack of quality of livestock at SWF.com. Just don't see spending $20 more on a fish for a shorter warranty unless quality is way better. Anyone got any input on this. Thanks in advance ***)

b0bby1

people still order from the fish store because the shipping here is crazy. for example fire shrimp at my LFS r 45 dollars, but on SWF.com they are 30. but after u do all of the stuff in check out its comes to 49 dollars. u have to pay for gas, packeging, etc.

B

blackburnd

Wow... :scared: now that is trickey stuff there. I have not ordered anything but LR from here thus far. I was under the impression it was free shipping. But now that I have put a fish in the shopping cart I see what you are saying. That is like almost free shipping... Like those commercials... "How about a free lunch" "Sure it's free... If you don't eat it." Oh well guess that explains the lower prices. I will still probably place some orders from here... If they don't ban me for this post first.. :thinking:

1journeyman

Originally Posted by b0bby1
people still order from the fish store because the shipping here is crazy. for example fire shrimp at my LFS r 45 dollars, but on SWF.com they are 30. but after u do all of the stuff in check out its comes to 49 dollars. u have to pay for gas, packeging, etc.
Shipping here is cheaper than any other site I know of.
Also, from my experience the livestock here is very healthy. Ask your local fish store what their warranty is... I bet it's not 15 days....
People buy from the local store for a variety of reasons. 1. Because they are buying on impulse. 2. They want to see what they are buying. 3. Because they are only buying 1 thing (it doesn't pay to order 1 shrimp from here... Buy 4 or 5 things though and you're saving money. Remember, no tax.)

alohami

I have only placed one order so far, but I was very pleased with it. As long as you order the minimum of $79, which is not hard to do, the shipping is $9.99. Try to find that cheaper anywhere else!
My LFS does not offer any guarantee, so SWF.com's 15 days is awesome. I am trading up to a larger tank, and once I get that set I will definately be placing another order.

B

blackburnd

Ya I understand that... My LFS has a 24hour warranty prices are a lil up there though. Not to sound like a dumbell but for example my first order from here would be 2 shrimp and 2 fish for like $55. Now from the things I have read on this site I am breaking a cardinal rule here.. Adding too much at once. I keep hearing patience patience patience, but if I add 4-5 new items into the tank just to try and make it more cost effective am I not just throwing caution into the wind, or are other just too cautious? I'm not trying to be a trouble maker.. I'm new to SW and really want my first tank to be a success without too many hardships. Thanks ***)

1journeyman

No, that's a great question and comes up a lot.
The reality is that you should be using a QT tank. You add 3-4 fish to it, monnitor water and do changes as neccessary, then slowly add fish to display over the span of days (once QT is over).

bcott

I've placed a couple of orders and I'm extremely pleased with the qualitiy of the livestock. This is kindof a stupid question but I was wondering, are all the fish that don't say aquacultured next to them come from the wild?

molly05

Originally Posted by AlohaMI
I have only placed one order so far, but I was very pleased with it. As long as you order the minimum of $79, which is not hard to do, the shipping is $9.99. Try to find that cheaper anywhere else!
My LFS does not offer any guarantee, so SWF.com's 15 days is awesome. I am trading up to a larger tank, and once I get that set I will definately be placing another order.
What's about a temp fuel charge? Another $8.99.

S

surfinusa

my friend got some live rock from here its really nice it came with hermit crabs, small corals,brisstle worms, ect. :happyfish

b0bby1

everyone says add 4 or 5 things at a time then its cheaper than the lfs, but then ur risking adding to many things at once. i can understand like 5 inv. but a couple fish n inverts mite not work. i believe the Live Rock deals they have on hear r awesome though. at my LFS its 10 dollars per pound, and i want to put 55 lbs in my 55 gallon. that would be $550!!!!!!!! i looked on here and its 180 for 50 and its like 10 dollars shipping so im def buyin my LR off here.

reefnut

Originally Posted by bcott
are all the fish that don't say aquacultured next to them come from the wild?
Yes...