quarintine tank

brandoncena

ok i now have a 90 gal up and running with no fish in it and i have an empty 10 gallon tank so i wanted to start the 10 as a quarinetine tank how do i do it?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by BrandonCena
ok i now have a 90 gal up and running with no fish in it and i have an empty 10 gallon tank so i wanted to start the 10 as a quarinetine tank how do i do it?
The tank should have no substrate, add a few pieces of PVC pipe for shelter, a HOB filter, a heater, and a thermometer. Cycle it with a small piece of raw shrimp or some fish food. Beth has an excellent FAQ in the Disease and Treatment forum entitled Common Treatments, which tells how to set up a qt.

brandoncena

Originally Posted by sepulatian
The tank should have no substrate, add a few pieces of PVC pipe for shelter, a HOB filter, a heater, and a thermometer. Cycle it with a small piece of raw shrimp or some fish food. Beth has an excellent FAQ in the Disease and Treatment forum entitled Common Treatments, which tells how to set up a qt.

ok thank you but couldnt i just cycle it with a few damsels?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by BrandonCena
ok thank you but couldnt i just cycle it with a few damsels?
You could. I will save my personal thoughts on the issue.

sepulatian

It will cycle faster with the shrimp and no fish will have their gills burned from ammonia poisoning. OK, I couldn't save them.