Queen trigger question

pufferman

I think the aggressiveness of Queen has been highly exaggerated. It's true that it's one of the most aggressive triggers of all, but that doesn't mean that it is a ruthless non-stop killing machine. I've seen people successfully keeping a juvenile Queen with aggressive/semi-aggressive fishes. However, I wouldn't put anything with an adult Queen. Adults are definitely a lot more aggressive and unpredictable in terms of their behaviors. It's simply too risky. Also, they do get big (20"). If you want to keep a Queen, it has to be either a medium-sized species tank (around 100g) or a very large aggressive community tank (>400g).

saltfisher

The Queen is not a "killer". I've had a big one in my tank with other fish for months now and it has not attacked or bothered any of them. It is really aggressive when time to eat, but all Triggers are. Here is the list of fish in with it. Also the Queen is twice the size of all the others. Never once had a problem with the Triggers. The Tangs fight quite often though.
1-Foxface
1-Purple Tang
1-Scopas Tang
1-Yellow Tang
1-Assassi Trigger
1-Niger Tigger
1-Bursa Trigger
1-Picasso Tigger
1-SoldierFish
1-Asfur Angel
1-Queen Trigger

avbryce1

thanks for the replies :D
I am building a 190 gal agressive set up and I want
an eel
queen trigger
lg panther grouper
and mabie a few other triggers
will that work?

avbryce1

Sorry one more question . What about triggers and lions?
ive seen them together before but ive also heard about triggers picking on lions?
BTW: your queen looks awsome

debbie g

Any of the well-respected books out there will tell you not to put a trigger in with a lion. I had the lion and smaller clown trigger living together quite peacefully, right up to the day the trigger decided to rip the lion apart. Horrible stuff. Good luck with all your other creatures though.
Debbie G

lion_crazz

Definitely stay away from putting a trigger with a lion. The only trigger that may go with a lion is a niger trigger.