question about amazing light show

texasfish

ok last sunday morning (4am) i woke up to see a bunch of little glowing dots in my 45 gal. tank. i woke the rest of the family and we watched as some "larger" green glowing balls poped into hundreds tiny glowing balls filling my tank with a non-blinking firefly like light show. shined a small flashlight into the tank but couldn't see anything with the light on. still don't see anything "new" with the

[hr]
eye.
my tank contains: live rock, christmas tree rock, macro algae, pepermint shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp, strawberry hermits, snails, lawnmower blenny, clown fish, coral beauty, royal gramma.
any body know what "hatched" in my tank? :help:

A

anothrname

You dont live next to a nuclear power facility do you? LOL jk
i have no idea.

fraggle_a

Nice one.
I cant post the link without getting spanked. But I did a search online for reef life glowing and found some interesting articles.

texasfish

close enough to cause this, by the way it only lasted 2 hours and to my knowalge has not repeated, of course if it happened in day light hours no one would notice!

A

anothrname

Originally Posted by Fraggle_a
Nice one.
I cant post the link without getting spanked. But I did a search online for reef life glowing and found some interesting articles.
i wouldnt worry about a spankin... id worry about bein banned like Cain420 for helping with the seahorse question that TeresaQ had...

pallan

Originally Posted by AnothrName
i wouldnt worry about a spankin... id worry about bein banned like Cain420 for helping with the seahorse question that TeresaQ had...
cain got banned? i really like reading his posts.

A

anothrname

yea he insisted on helping teresa with a thread even by just posting his email to give to her, so that name can no longer post anything, thanks to ophiura..

texasfish

but if you could do a short summery!?!?
did a search on yahoo, but most were about open water reefs and not aquarium.
this was definatly a hatching of some sort, first guess was a coral hatching but not sure if thats even possible. it has been a week and none of the inhabitants are showing any ill effects from it.

A

anothrname

was it along the floor of the tank? or all over in the water, off the sand and rocks?

texasfish

the spheres about the size of a small pencil eraser were on the live sand and rocks when they "poped" hundreds of of pen head size dots filled the tank. most drifted with the current but some appeared to propelle themselves even against the flow. :notsure:

A

anothrname

maybe it is the 4th of july for your fish! LOL
sounds pretty amazing to me! I never get to experience the good stuff!

A

anothrname

the censorship is amazing here! the truth MUST NOT BE TOLD!