Question about Anenome

malibu599

The local fish store has a haitain pink tipped anenome for sale? Are these anenomes hardy? Any other facts and websites would be appreciated. Also how do you feed them?

jarvis

Condilactus anemones are one of the tuffer ones. I have one Howerver I have notice that he is looking fuller and healtier since the recent upgrade to metal halides. Before I Had him in under 820watts of VHO right up near the top. Its still to soon to tell, but I might just be siding with the people that say halides are reqired to keep an anemone for a decent amount of time.

On the Move,
I'll never buy another anemone for as long as I live. Sure they look very nice, but when you are not looking they move.
Sometimes into a powerhead and sometime into the overflow system.
My experience, They don't last.
by the way I am a beginner.
:)
Mike

nm reef

The local fish store has a haitain pink tipped anenome for sale? Are these anenomes hardy? Any other facts and websites would be appreciated. Also how do you feed them?

The success/survival rate of most anenome's are extremely poor.Most systems do not seem able to sustain them long term and most simply perish due to poor conditions. That said...I do have a condy that has thrived under standard NO lighting for well over 2 years now....it does move constantly and I do direct feed it once a week. It has grown considerably and maintains a good coloration. My percula has never shown any interest in it...but the condy remains healthy. No anenome is easy to maintain...and there have been success with them in assorted types of systems...but I believe success is far less common than failures.If you intend to attempt one I would offer two suggestions:First insure you have a stable/mature system that can sustain your choice long term(avoid powerheads that can damage them and consider the damage a moving anenome can cause)...Second be prepared to offer regular spot feedings and provide sufficient lighting to sustain the anenome.
Here is a pic of the one I've got....this pic was from about 6 months ago...it continues to do well...but I seriously doubt that I'll ever attempt another.

cb

I have a Condi anemone and I spot feed it a couple times a week it seems to be doing very well very full and beautiful color. But it is true that they move around alot mine tends to stay on one side of the tank but is always moving from rock to rock. Probably moves at least once a week.If you decide to get one I wish you the best of luck, we enjoy ours.:)