Question about bulb to my PC lights I got in yesterday

jsb

I got my PC lighting setup in yesterday. It's a current USA Orbit PC system. First off it's not easy to get the lights plugged into the wiring due to the fan. Second, when I turn them on, at least to me, the antic bulb only lights up one tube. Should both tubes light up. Maybe it's me, but one is definitely brighter than the other. Both white tubes light up on the white bulb. I'm just curious if I should have them send me another bulb or not.
Thanks
JSB

thegrog

yea, they should both light up equally. Sounds like you got a bad bulb. Contact whoever you got it from for an exchange.

jslice

Are they dual atinics? I have some made by current that are daul 460nm and 420nm. One side looks blue and the other looks more of a purple color.

jsb

Originally posted by Jslice
Are they dual atinics? I have some made by current that are daul 460nm and 420nm. One side looks blue and the other looks more of a purple color.

Yes, it is a dual actinic from Current USA. I apologize because I've never used one, but one side is bright blue, and the other is this dull purple color. Is this the way it should look? I've only have experience with NO fixtures.
On a side note the moonlight effect is really cool. I little brighter than I thought it should be.
I can't believe how much brighter my tank is with the PC. It really has made a difference. Hopefully my Coraline will start growing better now.
Thanks everybody so far for the help. I just want to make sure this is right so I can contact the retailer before it's too late.
JSB

jsb

Originally posted by Jslice
Your bulbs are fine :) All four of my bulbs look that way.

That's good news. Thanks!