Question about Odyssea/Jebo lights

rmleal

What do you guys think Odyssea/Jebo lights and their quality. i was lookinh at a pc light that was $90 for 4 65w lights.

my way

I have read more than enough horror stories about their products for me to even think of using any of them. My $.02

rmleal

IM LOOKING INTO MORE OF THIS FROM THERE SITE
ODYSSEA 48" 260W Dual Strip Compact Fluorescent Light Fixture

lion_crazz

I have been using their 265 watt power compact 48" fixture for two years now and I am very happy with it. I also use a 24" fixture on my refugium and that works great also.

rmleal

kool cus its not the site who makes the stuff its odyssea. but how is there shippping and tracking stuff? it also states they are out of stock

rmleal

{Please do not post or request links to competitor's sites. This is not fair to Saltwaterfish.com, who gets nothing out of the free advertisements.}

hot883

I bought 2 48" Odysea PC's from the big auction site. One came with fans, the other did not. The one that did come with fans were noisy from the get go and then quit about 1 month later. Other than that the are ok lights. You get what you pay for.

cyclops

I have been running 72" 785 Watt MH/ PC Odyssea for a week now and my anenomes love it and my tank looks great. The price was a real steal. In the DYI forum theres is a 5 page thread on it, very informative reading.

joncat24

I have the same light as cyclops, I think he got it as a recomendation from me..LOL I have had the pc's and the mh's and all have been great. I think most of the bashing of these lights is from the earlier versions. I think they are great and can't be touched for the price...IMO...

cyclops

Originally Posted by joncat24
I have the same light as cyclops, I think he got it as a recomendation from me..LOL I have had the pc's and the mh's and all have been great. I think most of the bashing of these lights is from the earlier versions. I think they are great and can't be touched for the price...IMO...

Yes joncat24 I did get the recommendation from you and couldn't be happier. The lights came packed really well and when I set them up and ran the lights it was nice. If you ever have any more advice please share i think everyone can benifit from you and your Tank
. Now comes the corals.

stanlalee

I'm scared of em. For every praise I hear a complaint. The problem is when there is a complaint its not like it broke and I had to send it back for a replacement. Its usually something worked great for 3 months then went outl, one side works fine other side shorted, something melted and (the kicker) often followed by where I bought it wont replace it. Not too comfortable about the lack of UL listing as well if that happens to be true. As cheap as retro lights are and the simplicity of a canopy I just cant go Jebo/Oddyssea. You can get retro kits with name brand components plug and play for the same price as Oddyssea fixtures. Its not just Jebo/Oddyssea I just dont see ever buying a fixture again period unless I find an unusually good deal.

brucewrs

Well,I should have not said anything!!! I woke up and the atinics were not on...Both sides...Now I got to open it up and see what the problem is....

mrsdorothy

I have the odyssea T5 4x54 watt light on my tank. Came with 2 broke bulbs. Light works fine. I have only had them for a month. I ordered them from aquatraders. The fans were completely quiet for 2 days. Now they sound like a washing machine.