Question about protein skimmer???

krazy302

I am pretty new too saltwater tanks I have had freshwater tanks for years but now I have set up my first saltwater tank. I purchased a seaclone protein skimmer(for $65.00), the question I have is how to properly set the flow rate for it. When I set it so foam rises in the cup I get alot of air bubbles in the tank. Is this right for the air bubbles to enter the tank???
And how high in the cup should the foam be? overflowing or just bearly to the top?? Thanks for any help...

glowplug

Im sorry I cant answer your question but can you take it back and get the coralife ss, ive read they are much beter for the same money

hikari

On mine it says so the foam is 1-2 in from the top. I bet some brands are diferent than others.

sagxman

Keep in mind, that your skimmer has a break-in period. It may produce excess bubbles for up to a couple of weeks. It should slow down after some time. Also, keep in mind that if you use things like stress coat it will cause excess bubbles.
Many people hate that skimmer, but I have one and it suits my needs. Make sure there isn't a large air bubble in the U-bend coming from the power head. If there is, you should tighten the air flow valve.