Question about tanks

alisha

Im interested in purchasing a 55 gallon tank.
Ive been told that All Glass and Oceanic are good brands to buy as far as quality...
What are some other good brands and also..what is the price range that the tank and stand should be in because Im not looking to get ripped off - Im looking for a pretty standard tank with a wood stand (with doors and space for storage)
Thanks!!

mlm

Not to diregaurd your questions but if I was you I would look into a 75 gallon tank. It is not mush more in price but It has a mush great depth from front to back and maks it a lot easier to aquascape the tank. Many of us on this board have made the mistake of buying a 55 gallon when we should of gotton a 75.

aprilabaxter

I am new to saltwater but I thought I would tell you about how I found my tank. I recently bought a 55G with oak trim and oak stand. It was set up and running for 6 mos. It came with a one powerhead, light cover, heater, emperor filter and even a book "Your First Marine Aquarium" I moved it with the water and sand. No live rock. He had it advertised in the local Ad Bulletin for $250.00 and I offered him $200.00. Hope you can find a good deal too.