Question about using joes juice?

nemo lover

I got some new zoanthids for my 2.5, and I got a Aiptasia, now I have two aiptasis in a matter of a week. I ordered joes juice and syringe on the net. It should be here today.
I know to squirt in the mouth and fill it up. I understand it will melt and to suck up the remainder. My consern it is right in the middle of a patch of my favorite Zoanthids.
My question-
When melting if the white stuff touches the zoas will they die?
Is thier a way to make them move off the rock? and if I get them off the rock wont another one just grow back from where the moved?
I know I sound like an idiot. But I was just fortunate to not have to deal with this pest till now. Also will affect the tank at all? I know they(joes jucie) said it doesn't but were talkin about a 2.5?

jjlittle

I just dosed the little guys and left it all the zoo's around it closed but were fine when the Joe's Juice faded away.

nemo lover

I have to wait for it to come in the mail first, and then im gonna tell my hubby how to do it so he can. Im trying to take it easy, I just had two root canals

nemo lover

joes juice came today and I just got done. I really really hupe it reef safe I tried to suck up as much as i could but their was still alot of residue left. My cleaner shrimp is all over it I tried to keep him away but he won't stay away. The smaller one dissolved, and the bigger one hasn't yet how long does it normaly take for them to dissolve?

kahnsell

Don't worry about the Juice killing anything else. If the aptasia is shriveling up, try to siphon him out of the water. Do a small water change and repeat the process until the aptasia is totally gone. If any part of the aptasia remains, in a few days the ap. will be back...

nemo lover

Thanks for the reply. All is well over here. bt the time I got done posting in such a panic it was gone. I was just more concerned cause it was such a small tank.

nm reef

Does anybody know if Joes Juice works on yellow polyps? I have a patch I'd like to seriously reduce ...

motohead

i am wondering the same thing nm,i have a bout five bottles of joes and am going to try to nuke some yellows this weekend.ill let you know how it goes.

nemo lover

Hey NM, and motohead reduce them this way! I don't have that color yet. I don't think it will do the job . I have a 2.5 when I was treating my tank two days ago my cleaner shrimp was trying to clean the aiptaisia he was all up in it (joes juice) so were my snails, and I got some on the mouth of my zoas didn't hurt em. I tried to suck up as much of the left overs as possible but the was alot I couldn't get. When I turned the pump on alot was suspended in the water touching everything. Noting happened Pleasantly surprised!