Question Concerning Lighting Parts?

higholive

Hey Guy/Gals
I just have a quick question for you.
The basic story is that I am thinking about setting up another tank. Most likely 30gals (in know this is on the edge of nano but still). The thing is that I am gonig to be building that entire thing for scratch, ie no all in one kit. I am going to be building a custom stand with lighting hood. My question is this... if I am going to but say a 175 watt MH (which should meet most lighting requirements) and the tank is ~36" long, so I have to have a reflector that is 36" long to get even light dispersment, even thoug the socket for the buld is all the way at one end. Here is and example of the reflector I am thinking of:

higholive

Here is the info on this:
The parallel reflector is designed to mount parallel with the front of the tank using fluorescents. It is made with 95% reflective aluminium and will put about 25% more light into the tank than a standard flat sheet of reflective metal. The reflector puts the florescent close to the tank and the metal halides are offset by 3.5". Please also note that the 36" reflector is setup to mount either one or two mogul socket assemblies and can therefore hold one or two bulbs.
Parallel reflector is predrilled for the following fluorescent socket:
36" - Holds one 3’ VHO or 1 96W PC or one 55W PC on each side of reflector. The 36" holds either one or two metal halide lamps. Dimensions: 36"W x 12.25"D x 6.5"H
As you can see the socket is at the far side of the reflector. Now with this it is possible to add another socket, would that make the light more even? If so I would just need to buy a dual ballast up front. Any help you could offer would be great.
My idea is to put in one 175w MH in the center, and a yet to be determined 36" actinic for night (dusk and dawn) with a could hours of complete dark.