Question for those of you bickering about Iraq

flcandy

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
You both are right, we went after Al Quida first to avenge 9/11, then we went into Iraq, for reasons unkown which don't matter now since we're in there. I agree with FlCandy, we are a superpower and we should show them what Americans are made of.
I may not support the movement into Iraq, but at least we finally got Saddam.
It all comes down to what we CAN do not what we need to do in the end, I know I cried for war when I saw those towers burning and the images of the people jumping from windows as high as 250 stories up holding hands all the way down will never leave me.

mike22cha

I don't know if I was lucky or not, but I was young when that happened and didn't really understand what was going on around me. Heck, I didn't know what the twin towers were before 9/11.

flcandy

I was only 16 but man I was old enough to be mad and when they evacuated our school due to that and didnt tell us anything it was worse. Oh well one of these days all people will look at animals and be like wow we are the wild ones! LMAO

I havent seen an animal that would kill others because of their beliefs, or that they do things their religion believes to be immoral, to each their own I say.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by FlCandy
I was only 16 but man I was old enough to be mad and when they evacuated our school due to that and didnt tell us anything it was worse. Oh well one of these days all people will look at animals and be like wow we are the wild ones! LMAO

I havent seen an animal that would kill others because of their beliefs, or that they do things their religion believes to be immoral, to each their own I say.

Some kids got taken home by there parents, but I had to stay the rest of the day without an idea what happened.
I agree with your point about to each their own.

flcandy

They actualy put us on buses and sent us home. My poor parents were frantic driving all over not knowing where we were and whatnot cuz they drove to get us and we didnt know and got on the bus.
This wow was 6 years ago! LMAO Going on 22 now and it seems like forever ago and a day.
Why cant we live and let live though? Why does the human race feel the need to kill each other because they dont agree?
Oh well I guess things will never change but for now we need to support the men and women over there fighting for our freedom and our right as Americans, not make it harder for them to get supplies and whatnot by focusing on Anti War rallies and stuff.

devil dog

For the most part us Americans are not a where of what is going on because we only hear about the bad stuff that is going on in the world if you only hear what the media is saying that’s all you have to go on. But I have seen it; I have heard it… and I am only one person and one opinion that’s why I get mad when I hear some people say things about this war or any war in general. Until you’ve been there…?
I don’t want to give a bad opinion about the Marines or Soldiers for that mater. When you are there you get to see what is really going on you see intel and that is only what a soldier see know image what the president see. That’s why I’m not so quick to gauge what he is doing. And don’t forget he has congress and the rest of the American people to try to please. It all a big game
And for how many people die in 9/11 it was right around 3000 that died
Terrorists live all over the world that includes Iraq some countries harbor and support but the terrorists that kill for there religion because you are something different that is not right and that is worth fighting for IN MY OPINION!

flcandy

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
For the most part us Americans are not a where of what is going on because we only hear about the bad stuff that is going on in the world if you only hear what the media is saying that’s all you have to go on. But I have seen it; I have heard it… and I am only one person and one opinion that’s why I get mad when I hear some people say things about this war or any war in general. Until you’ve been there…?
I don’t want to give a bad opinion about the Marines or Soldiers for that mater. When you are there you get to see what is really going on you see intel and that is only what a soldier see know image what the president see. That’s why I’m not so quick to gauge what he is doing. And don’t forget he has congress and the rest of the American people to try to please. It all a big game
And for how many people die in 9/11 it was right around 3000 that died
Terrorists live all over the world that includes Iraq some countries harbor and support but the terrorists that kill for there religion because you are something different that is not right and that is worth fighting for IN MY OPINION!

I was off on my numbers sorry! LOL

I love that you feel the same about religious killing it is a waste and I believe that is something to fight against.

devil dog

I was off on my numbers sorry! LOL

I love that you feel the same about religious killing it is a waste and I believe that is something to fight against.

There has been more people kill over religion then if you added up all there ways to be killed. And think of this over 72 million people die in just WWII

flcandy

Yep and it is disgusting. Dont you think God/Allah/Buddah all of them would rather see their people happy and alive?
Oh well
Nature of Human Beings

crimzy

Yep and it is disgusting. Dont you think God/Allah/Buddah all of them would rather see their people happy and alive?
Oh well
Nature of Human Beings
Strange to me that while professing the "why can't we all just get along" mentality, you are arguing that we should continue to kill and die in Iraq. Hmmm.

nigerbang

I myself..Pretty much put about 90% of all the hate for the military on the media...Think about it...WW1, really nothing as far as reporting went...WW2, Some news trickling through...Took awhile to reach the public...Now what do we have...Soldiers that have to babysit reporters to make sure they are not harmed from incoming..No-one that has trained to be a soldier should have to risk themselves to save some fool who is only there to chastize them later on.. So that they can get a "Good Story".
Bollocks to that...I have plenty of friends and family that are engaged in war or at some point have been...My grandfather was in Pearl Harbor when it was attacked...The masses screamed for revenge then and I still do....
For someone who can sit in there house on a computer and talk about how horrible someone else is for doing exactly what they signed up to do is a coward...To talk about someone that you dont know, esp. when they are doing things to protect your freedom is lower then low...You dont like how things are running right now...Move to Cuba or China, open your mouth then and see what happens..........

crimzy

Originally Posted by NigerBang
For someone who can sit in there house on a computer and talk about how horrible someone else is for doing exactly what they signed up to do is a coward...To talk about someone that you dont know, esp. when they are doing things to protect your freedom is lower then low...
We must be reading different threads because I have not seen anyone in any thread say that any soldier is horrible, or even be critical of the soldiers. However if this spin helps you sleep at night then enjoy.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by crimzy
We must be reading different threads because I have not seen anyone in any thread say that any soldier is horrible, or even be critical of the soldiers. However if this spin helps you sleep at night then enjoy.

Got ranting there...I wasnt directing that at anyone here...

No-one joins the Military to drink soda and chat with friends..Everyone going in knows what tha job entails..
Trust me its not spin....
"I support the troops, but not the war"
What the hell do people think soldiers are for?!?!
Granted they are not disposible units..They are real people with real problems and real families, this is true...But once again they know what the potiental(sp) is from the moment they enlist, True Recruiters do lie..Very much but they know what they are doing..

firefish9

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
There has been more people kill over religion then if you added up all there ways to be killed. And think of this over 72 million people die in just WWII

56.4 million people died in world war 2 accourding to the Guinness world record book of 2007

rbaldino

Originally Posted by crimzy
Strange to me that while professing the "why can't we all just get along" mentality, you are arguing that we should continue to kill and die in Iraq. Hmmm.

Because the people we're fighting aren't content to live and let live. In the face of that, you have to defend yourself and do what you can to make the world a safer place for people who choose to believe in a different God or way of life. For the Jihadists, there is only one God and one way to live, and no room for anything else.

flcandy

Originally Posted by rbaldino
Because the people we're fighting aren't content to live and let live. In the face of that, you have to defend yourself and do what you can to make the world a safer place for people who choose to believe in a different God or way of life. For the Jihadists, there is only one God and one way to live, and no room for anything else.
Thank you.

I know that it is impossible for humans to get along but hey, in the end its us or them I would rather be the one standing in the end wouldnt you! LMAO

I just love debates about this stuff!

devil dog

Originally Posted by firefish9
56.4 million people died in world war 2 accourding to the Guinness world record book of 2007

There is no exact number most things say 50 million and up to 80 million but the military records say 72 million with war related famine and disease… Eather way thats a lot of people![

nvmycj

Originally Posted by rbaldino
For all the Jihadists' out there....I say let's show them the way to allah! Sending some more lead downrange ought to do it?!?

One simple way of ending terrorists and suicide bombers........ kill there family members. Sounds brutal...I know. I suicide bomber blows up a bread market, go to his house and kill his family,...mom, dad, brother, son.....
I can almost guarantee that the terror will stop.
And you all are right,.....killing in the name of religion is one major reason for war. I experienced this first hand. I'm from Croatia, a republic of the former Yugoslavia. Serbs did so much killing, I couldn't even share with you the disgusting things they did.

rylan1

Originally Posted by NVMYCJ
For all the Jihadists' out there....I say let's show them the way to allah! Sending some more lead downrange ought to do it?!?

One simple way of ending terrorists and suicide bombers........ kill there family members. Sounds brutal...I know. I suicide bomber blows up a bread market, go to his house and kill his family,...mom, dad, brother, son.....
I can almost guarantee that the terror will stop.
And you all are right,.....killing in the name of religion is one major reason for war. I experienced this first hand. I'm from Croatia, a republic of the former Yugoslavia. Serbs did so much killing, I couldn't even share with you the disgusting things they did.
Yea that will work....Are you serious? For one thing it is immoral to the fullist degree. I hope our military would never consider this, just imagine being one of the soilders who's job is to kill innocent people... Besides, if this happened they would have even further nothing to lose...their family is dead and they would probably be more dedicated than ever to kill as many as possible. If someone is fighting in the name of god-- nothing will deter them except if you take their god away- that's it