question from the noob

hot883

Originally Posted by fish-man-t
what is diy rock? is it rock u make your self some how? if so how?
thanks
Yes, it's home made rock. There are several threads on here. do a search on "dIY rock" and you should find plenty.

triga22

Yes it is made by yourself. Its made of concrete and then sits outside to cure for a long time and then brought to your tank. If u put it in to early then PH rises badly.. Dunno how to make it.. Sorry

fish-man-t

Originally Posted by hot883
Yes, it's home made rock. There are several threads on here. do a search on "dIY rock" and you should find plenty.

i could not find and on here about the diy rock but i found alot about diy filters :)

bacia

I have made DIY rock from concrete and arraganite sand. I found instructions at GARF dot org. I have it in my 75 gal tank and it is starting to look like the other real rock. Great thing is that you can shape it any way you like. GARF has some ideas for you if you look at the pictures. Just make sure you cure it outside in clean water for a few months. GARF also has curing instructions. Have fun and good luck.

doglvr

I made LR using Portland Cement & Morton Salt (water softener kind, not table kind). Started out with 2 concrete to 1 salt, then added more salt, until mix was "moldable". I let it dry outside for 2 days, and then cured it in fresh water for 6 weeks. It made a light, highly porous rock.