question ( Octopus )

windex

ok, ive heard they are really smart and thell eat everything. AND most ppl dont recomend them.
What if it was the only thing in the tank? say a small 6-10g tank with proper precautions taken to ensure it wont escape.

windex

i think there really neat too, another question, if it for some reason "inked" the water what would you do, regular water changes like normal or do you have to get it out of there as quick as possable? i know some are poisonous but i dont plan on getting one of those kind =D

mr . salty

In a small tank like that, I would think the filter would take care of it pretty quickly. I thought squids squirt ink, do oct squirt too? STEVE

drewster

Hey Mr Salty, you don't have an email address so i'm forced to ask this on this board. I live in Michigan too and was wondering what LFS's you do business with. I live in the Detroit area. Give me a jingle at andrewmumford@ameritech.net and let me know. Thanks

broomer5

Hey Drewster,
I'm down a little south of you near Toledo. Email me and I will discuss some excellent marine/reef/fish stores around here, and up your way as well.
Broomer
Broomer5@aol.com
[This message has been edited by broomer5 (edited 06-18-2000).]

eelman

blue ring octopuses are very poisonus, and the only one that is small enough to survive in that small ov tank. most of the normal octopuses need at least a 30(my book says that the minimum cap is 55, with the tank dedicated to the octopus). I would suggest like a 60+ with mabey like a lionfish and and an eel and an octopus.
Farewell,
Eelman

fishgirl

I'm pretty sure I wasn't asleep in Bio, so yes, octs ink as well as squids, the cousins in the group cepholopods (or however u spell it) They are also related to cuttlefish, and I beilive the chambered nautilus. hope this clears it up.