Question on moving LR

jrod4u

I was wondering if I was careful and slow enough in the process, is it ok to move LR on an fairly new setup. I do have few fish, corals and inverts, but they won't be too terribly disturbed when moved slightly. The rock is touching the back glass and I would just like to push then forward a little bit. Just not sure if this is ok or not, I really don't want to stress my tank out. Some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

jrod4u

Great Thanks so much, sometimes I know even the silliest of questions I see tend not to be so silly with a SW tank, hehe

spanko

Just be careful if it is stacked up. You can easily cause a landslide. Been there, done that!!!

jrod4u

Well not all but some is resting on glass, but I have not had a problem with urchin or anything moving it, not to say I can't have problems later, but how necessary is it to move, or should I just leave well enough alone? I really don't want to cause any problems in the tank, because everyone so far seems happy as a bi-valve.

spanko

Biggest concern with rock resting on the back glass would be if there is sufficient flow back there. Otherwise should not be a problem.

jrod4u

Oh yeah, the flow is good actually everywhere, I am quite surprised, must be extreme beginners luck, and of course checking message boards before I even started. But what is not broke, I am not going to fix it. You guys are awesome, thanks so much.

karavak

Thanks!
I had just asked this question in another of my threads. I want to rearrange my rocks to be better settled so i can stack up the rest of the rock I end up buying.