Question on shrooms

tima

Hi everyone
I have several rocks that have green mushrooms and wanted to try to spread them throughout the tank. Are these corals usually nice to others?
Also, I noticed a shroom opened up pretty large on a rock at the bottom of my rockwork against the crushed coral -- Is there any way I can move him to a better spot where he will get more light and look better? I've heard people talk about cutting them into pieces and putting them around the tank so they spread quicker.
Is this true?
Any suggestions?
Thanks

floorguy

I would not cut my schrooms they spread fast enough on thier own, give it 2 or 3 months and they will double if not triple in population on thier own, add some photoplankton a couple times a week you should see a difference soon.

floorguy

hey TimA how much snow do you have on the ground up there in boston. none here in Philadelphia and in the fiftys I really miss winter. sorry didnt mean to get off topic.

iameeeyore

I don't have any corals yet, but have been thinking about trying to set my tank up (lighting-wise) to handle them. What happens if they spread so much that you have way more than you wanted? Does this happen a lot?