Question..please answer

orangespot

Had anemone for three days ...riteri(sp) anemone...It was fine until my MH went off on the usual time schedule...it began to get smaller under the actinics and now it is completely sucked into a ball with no tentacles exposed. It has taken shelter under live rock on the substrate. Can someone please advise. Thanks in advance

dexter

check him in the morning. They are sacks of water, they expell the old and take in the new. As long as your water is good, they should be OK. Keep us posted and do you have a pic?
dxtr

tropills

So let me get this right, It was fine for three days with the normal lighting sch. then it just started getting smaller ? what time sch. do you have your lights on . when was the last time you fed him , what are your your water spec's.
From the way your post reads your MH's were on for three day's straight. hope thats just a mis type ????

T

thomas712

Shouldn't be a problem, I've known many anemones that when the halides go off start to recoil their tentacles. It happens to my BTA's all the time, then they get ready for night when the VHO kicks off.
However can you post a pic of yours so we can see what is happening?
Thomas

orangespot

I had the MH on for 6 hours a day. The actinics are on from 10 - 9 and the moonlight the rest of the time. The anemone just balled up last night when the MH shut off...he then reappeared a few hours later. I fed with mussels but unfortunately my cleaner shrimp would go over and pull out most of the food...not sure how I can prevent that from happening. I will post pic when I get home.
Thanks for your help so far

orangespot

yes it did....it is doing it again...was fine yesterday but I came home and it did it again. Unfortunately, it has found a shelter underneath some rock...I hope he will move out to the light. Is this what he does normally under actinic?

dad & son

mine have been doing the same but in the books i have read that it is ok it is just feading i may be wrong but that is what i have read if you get a differnet answere plz tell me.

T

thomas712

The pic is of one that I had on the left side of my tank, I don't know why it did it, when many of the others on the right side of my tank never did.

symon

My Bta's do it all the time, My condi gets so small i thought it as gone! If you water is good! (spec's) and you have enough lighting, everything should be fine! Maybe it's time to change your bulbs?