Question

daayda3

If I ever won... (which is very un-likely considering how bad my pics are)
And say I wanted the green ricordea shroom for 7.99... would I still have to buy 75.00 worth to get the free shipping? Or do you get free shipping just for winning?

njbeacher

We will put a $20 credit into your saltwaterfish.com for each picture used. A credit is not cash. A credit can be used once you've bought the required minimum at the site(basically $99). So, it'd not cash, but is the same as cash once you've spent the $99...you get the idea. So, if 5 pictures are used, we'll put $100 credit in your acount that can be accessed once you've spent the $99. We will also give you photo credit either directly on the picture or in the description field of the animal. And finally, the grand prize winner will get a $250 shopping spree at saltwaterfish.com (no purchase required).
From the thread https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/291605/additional-information-about-the-contest

elitephoto

thats correct. you need to spend the 99.00 before you can use your credit. So say you have a 20.00 credit... you need to spend 120.00 so that you can actually use your winnins (if im not mistaken, Mod/admin correct me if im wrong?)

daayda3

Originally Posted by daayda3
You mean I need to spend 99.00 to use my credit? The 20.00 cant be apart of the credit?
And, what if someone got 100.00 in credit... could they use that on the "minimum order"?

elitephoto

if you havwant to use 100.00 in credit... you would need to spend 200.00 at SWF.com. Or you can choose to use only part of your credits. BUT you have to spend the 99.00 out of pocket before you can use any credits threw the site.

renogaw

i'm wondering if its usable towards drygoods... i can understand having to do the 99 bucks, but usually a credit would mean they would only charge the card for 79 anywhere else...

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
You will have to place the minimum order for the credits to kick in, effectively $99. After that, all the credits you accumulate will be available. The credits are not good on dry goods.
Thanks
Scott

renogaw

ok, i just seriously want to clarify this:
how it normally would work: $79 live goods order. $20 for boxing and fuel charge. credit card charged $99
SWF gives me a credit for my hermit crab shells.
Does my card get charged $79, or do i have to buy an extra $20 to use the credit (essentially making my charge $99, but i got extra goods)

renogaw

so i'm pretty well SOL since i'm not able to buy anything for a LONG time. even if i win any of them i won't be able to use them... that's a pretty poor way to handle credits IMO, but it is their website.

elitephoto

Renogaw... I agree with you to an extent BUT keep in mind...its not costing us anything to enter the contest so I dont see it as a big deal. Im sure one of these days you will want to order a clean up crew or maybe a couple fish or something. Or maybe SWF will be able to give your credits to one of your friends who will use them. I may not use my credits either if I end up moving out of state...ill be selling all my tanks if I do that. But the contest can still be fun even if your not out for the prizes.

renogaw

yea, it doesn't cost us anything, but it also is saving them a ton of money. with my first born coming i've been on a LEAN budget of next to Zero for months now. I figured if i won some contests it would bring my out of pocket down and i'd be able to get some more stuff for my tank.

limitedslip

Hate to thread hijack, but, will this credit expire? Lets say someone is setting up a tank, and happens to win, do they have to use the credit within a few months of winning, or will it be there forever until it is used?

daayda3

Say someone got 500.00 in credit... can they use the credit as part of the 99.00? or do they have to spend the 99.00 before they can use the credit?
thats my main q