Questions on LRs & Frags

mojohoojo

Hi all,
I got a question regarding LRs and frags.
1.) Now i understand that when you purchase a LR you basically would'nt know what u'll get until everything is 100% alive....LoL. is there any tell tale signs that we should look for when purchasing LR? lets saysign of Zoos and polys??
2.) Frags are pretty hard to get where i live and especially all the beautiful specimens i see in this site!!!
. There are some frags in the local LFS but their are not very convincing looking (Frags looks plain and to me the zoo or polys looks dead), should i just get it and try to nurse it back to health anyways?!
Hey are duster ok?! should i get rid of them?

shoregirl2

When looking at live rock, I usually just pick out interesting shapes and colors (coraline growth), most LFS usually have it stacked on top of each other, so it is difficult to spot the friendly hitchhikers.
Usually you just wait and see. When I first started, I was going to do fish only, and then one day I noticed these 2 brown things with green centers (Zoas) of course I didn't know what they were but I found out, now I have over 100, and I am hooked. I also got a feather duster that has been in the same spot for over 5 yrs.
Sometimes it takes awhile, I haven't bought any rock in over a year, and now I just noticed a rock full of the little dusters, and some new different color zoas. Really cool.

I haven't had a problem with dusters. I enjoy them.