quick pic of tank

turbo21

here is a pic of my 240 after finally finishing the game room, i will take some more pics of the inhabitants when i get a chance
let me know what you think

turbo21

the door next to the tank leads to my fish room with 55 gal sump/refugium and acceess to everything for tank maintainence
bob

susiestank

Originally Posted by turbo21
the door next to the tank leads to my fish room with 55 gal sump/refugium and acceess to everything for tank maintainence
bob
That is awesome. I have always wanted to do something like that when I buy a house.

turbo21

it makes things alot easier, and if you spill a little bit of water when filling the sump, no worries

teen

do you still have the 390 gallon you posted in the other thread? id like to see pics if its still up.

turbo21

no i don't have the 390 anymore. we bought the tank used from a local lfs that was going out of business. it was a custom maade glass tank, when i moved the tankr to my new house we set it up with no fish in it for a week to make sure the plumbing was ok, then we put the fish in, the next day my wife got home from work early and found the tank empty, the silicon at the back wall and bottom let loose dumpiong 390 plus the 50 gal from the sump and 300 lbs of sand into the basement
all fish died, 16" port jackson- 20" vlamingi tang 16 inch stars and stripes puffer 12" blue face angel greenbird wrasse, blue throat trigger, 12" hippo tang and a few more i can't remember
it has been very tough to get back into this hobby full swing since that disaster but we have really started to get back to it lately
stock list on our 240
bamboo shark
hippo tang
kole tang
vlamingi tang
3 yellow tangs
niger trigger
paddlefin wrasse
french angel
we are also starting the planning on a 650 gallon tank
bob

kwolfskill

So sorry to here about the literal crash of your old tank, I'm not sure I could convince my wife to get another after that (not from the flood, or loss of money, but because of the loss of life for the fish
). Then wow, that new tank looks just like a window into another world!

turbo21

we had become very close to our fish, we bought the puffer when he was about 3 inches and watched him grow, most of the fish including the port jackson were able to be hand fed,
it was a very difficult loss, the money loss did not set in until we went to start again, and question the price of some fish
thanks for the great replies, i will try to get some pics f the fsh tonight
bob

turbo21

goodwin,
that's funny
but if you look above the tank you will see a projector that projects movies onto a 10 ft wide by 6 ft high screen so i get the best of both worlds
joojoo,
the rockwork in the tank, has been professionaly designed by our new resident a 3ft bamboo shark, no matter what we have tried he puts it the way he wants it- nothing has worked including zip tying it together
i just upgraded the sump last week from about a 25 gallon setup.
i never realized that i have over a 100 lbs of rock in my sump
bob