quick question 2: can lionfish get ich?

unleashed

if you have a lion that has been infected with ich i do not suggest you try to use hypo as a treament.lions can be very moody when it comes to change in stress factors the first sign of stress they stop eating regaining their appetite can prove to be very difficult use medication for his treatment if you remove to qt

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Copper would be the only alternative...and its not exactly stress-free. I won't speak to this fish, since I have never had a lion myself.

unleashed

i have kept lions sinse the beginning of this hobby4 1/2 yrs
not many typesof fish i dont keep or should i say catigories of them.question is to you ckehl before treatment for the paresite be 100% sure it is ich .spots are not as easily seen on lions as many other fish are due to its coloration and paterns.ich canbe more seen on the eyes of a lion at least if its a volitan russels or clear fins may prove to be easier.is the fish still eating ,acting shy , stressed by other fish ect.as an agressive speecies this fish does not tolerate harassments of any sorts .if you have a lion ad suspect ich or other problems feel free to ask questions reguarding what can be done for him