quick, quick! broken filter, help!!

dmm180

the flip lock clamp on my fluval 304 just broke! lost about 15 gallons of water, now have no filter. where can I get a replacement part asap? how long can the fish survive with now filter??!!

flamehawk

What size is your tank? Do you have a Protein Skimmer? LR? or LS? Any other devices on tank.
As far as the fluval...I have a 404 and lost 2 of the clips. It still works w/ no leaks.

A

alti

i have a small ehiem canister that u can borrow. i live in tenafly. if you are close and want to come over and get it, let me know.

richard rendos

just run a powerhead or two. I am running an experimental 20 gallon right now...had it going for 2 months. It is a 20 gallon tank with no filter, just live rock, sand, a powerhead, a heater, and a light. corals and fish are doing great. just make sure there is something keeping the water moving to keep oxygen in the water.

dmm180

I called fluval this am and they are sending me the part. I should have it in the morning.....I will take your advice, add the lost water back and run my powerhead and pray till it gets here.