reefsoe

Quickest Cam Poll In History!
Ok Majority rules....
Nikon Coolpix 5700
OR
Fuji Finepix S5000
Dum dedumdum!

skirrby

i voted for the fugi... i love mine.. i have the s3000.. although nikon makes some really nice cams though.. :notsure:

skirrby

well im about to make a post with 3 pics i took a few min ago.. some of the stuff you can expect with the fugi..if not better cause your looking at a higher model than mine.

J

jbk65

I agree with the statement above, Nikon has always made the best optics around. The only issue I have ever seen with a Nikon is that if you end up using it for people it has a nasty habit of creating brutal red eyes, though always fixable with software.
I personally went with an Olympus, and the new 5050 and 5060 are knock outs.
Didn't mean to add confusion.

footbag

I got the sony Cyber-Shot... NOT a great camera for reef pictures, unless I'm doing something wrong.

reefsoe

Well... Im debating, now!
I want a 5 - 6 MP camera... for a decent price that will take macros.
I think im going with the Fujifilm-s5000 BUT if anyone else has a decent brand just let me know

cindyski

Originally posted by ReefSOE
Well... Im debating, now!
I want a 5 - 6 MP camera... for a decent price that will take macros.
I think im going with the Fujifilm-s5000 BUT if anyone else has a decent brand just let me know

i have a hp 935, its got the macro and 21x zoom it is 5.3mp
i like it alot, i'm still getting used to it. the macro works realy well, you can see a few pics if you look at some of my recent posts
oh, my avitar was taken with this camera. it is shot through a window (belive it or not) and is of my girls on the balcony on our last cruise.

reefsoe

I like seems good.... Thanks for reply... Does that have lenses you can remove and change out for different ones?

cindyski

Originally posted by ReefSOE
Does that have lenses you can remove and change out for different ones?

i dont think so, i dont see anyway to do it but i was confused because a paper came in the box selling lenses :confused:
it does have video and audio capture you can add words to your pictures
the zoom is 21x total zoom and 3x optical zoom & 7x digital
thats what the box says
hth, let us know what you get and post a pic!

ryebread

Not to step on toes but, don't buy a HP digital camera. I sold all the brands for several years.
I owned the Nikon 5700 personally and it was a quality camera.........a slow.......slow........quality camera. Great optics but, if you are interested in overall speed, quality, and most for your dollar........go with the Fuji. Yes.......it's spelled Fuji. :D

cindyski

first of all it was an xmas gift :)
i am happy with it -- i did forget to mention though the thing i dont like is the rechargeable AA batteries
the prices of cameras seem to be coming down. i am sure he will find something he likes
and rye, before i made a list of cameras i was interested in back in december, i couldnt find yours:confused: