quiet one pumps

donald

Is this a reliable brand? I'm looking at the 4000 model. I need to get 700 to 750 gph with a head height of 5 feet. Thanks for the help

I used them when i first started up my Reef Tank I don't know for sure if I got a bad batch of pumps or what however I had two in my system a 4000 for circulation thru chiller, and 3 Lifegard filters and a 6000 for return pump all have been replaced inless than 3 months. Take my experience as the extreme.

joncat24

I have only had a couple, but they were awesome pumps. Alot less heat than a magdrive and alot quieter also.

donald

thanks joncat, thats what i need quiet and no heat, I was also thinking of installing it dry thruogh a bulkhead, will this help or hinder the life, noise, heat?

joncat24

if it is outside of the tank, the heat factor is almost nil. As far as noise, I would place it on some kind of rubber or neoprene to dampen the noise from vibration. An old mouse pad is great for that.

mmm33732

i've been using the 3000 for about 4 months now and love it thus far. great little pump for the price. damn quiet too.

i have the 4000 for my return pump....very quiet....wattage is lower than most in the same class as well...its over a year old and knock on wood....no problems....i would definatly reccomend them.

donald

well I did it I bought a 4000 to use as a return pump from my fuge. Thanks to all for your help