Raccoon Butterfly not eating food

dbrown9

I introduced a small raccoon butterfly, a small flame angel, and a medium sized henochious butterfly on Thursday of last week. It has been 4-5 days and my raccoon has only nipped at the froze food one time. The others are doin great. He doesnt really act like he feels bad but just not eating my food. He spends his time picking around the rocks and such. I have feed everything in a froze multipack, and brine, brine with spirulina. Sooo, what now?

btldreef

Try some live brine to entice him to eat.
Also, have you tried mysis, or blends specifically designed for angels and butterflies?

mr. limpid

Instant Ocean has a new food called grazing blocks (2 type one veg. and other not) I haven't tried it let going to. It says it designed for for fish like butterflies, angles and tangs that like to pick at rocks and corals instead of getting there food from the water column. You might want to try it.

btldreef

Just a thought, after I responded, I remember that my Copperband really doesn't eat from the water column at feedings, he picks at what settles in the rock work. Have you noticed the butterfly grazing at all?

dbrown9

yes i thought he might he be doing that also. because he grazes alot. and during feedings he is picking at the rocks while the other fish are like lions eating everything