Ranco controller

ifirefight

I have a older prime 1/4 hp chiller with Ranco controller..problem is,when the power goes out..it reverts back to the factory setting of a 6 degree temp swing. I have mine set for 2 degrees... Does anybody have a newer Ranco controller,and if you do...does it keep the settings if the power goes out? Current USA said they had not heard of the units doing what mine does. Thanks.

S

saxman

none of our Ranco controllers need resetting after power outages, including the ancient model (belonged to Cranberry way before we ever met).

cranberry

I just plugged the new one in that we aren't using and it retains the info. It's suppose to, it's one of it's features.

ifirefight

Hmm,very interesting... I'd hate to replace it beacuse it works fine (except for the not keeping the setting part) Current USA said the units do not have batterys to hold the setting (at least not serviceable) Very perplexing... Thanks for the replies.

scsinet

There's probably a lithium battery or a supercap that's gone bad in there.... shouldn't be too hard to fix if you know someone that is comfortable diagnosing electronics.