Random Weird Things on Corals

michael1972

i would let people know if you sold them sometheng if you had this problem and also let people know that you got stuff from.
not to jump your post but what is the best DIP for saltwater corals ?
thanks

T

tizzo

I put one drop of flatworm exit in every coral bag I buy or trade for. That way by the time I get home, if there are flatworms, I will start to see them come out of the coral.
I only had 1 that actually had any flatworms, but I knew it would.
As far as a flatworm dip, flatworm exit is #1. Just one drop. And if your trip is 30 minutes or an hour, they will be OK.
There are other dips for other things too.

bbb

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/2634388
Well here's the thing BBB, you posted pics of the closed up polyps and you posted pics of WHY they were closed up. You SAID that they are open now, so I think a pic of that is in order!

They were closed up in the first pics b/c the lights had just come on and opened up a little while after I took the pic. The stupid FW have already moved back onto the rock I dipped so I'll have to do some more dips and post some more pics. I'll try to do some before and after type pics.
Originally Posted by MICHAEL1972

http:///forum/post/2634423
i would let people know if you sold them sometheng if you had this problem and also let people know that you got stuff from.
not to jump your post but what is the best DIP for saltwater corals ?
thanks
I already let the one person that got something out of my tank know but thanks for the suggestion. Luckily she hasn't seen any.

T

tizzo

Since you have the flatworm exit, if you give away something from your tank, put a drop in the container just to be safe, even if the container is a little baggie a drop will not hurt.

wyndraven

I had a flatworm problem too - so I bought a 6-line wrasse about a month ago since I had always read that they ate flatworms.
Well...needless to say that statement is not always true - wrasse's do not always do what is written about them. To top it off - last Thursday he became very aggressive and started attacking my green mandarin (no problems before this). By this time (Friday 6/6) the flatworms had grown to plague-like proportions. I did not want to use chemical treatment due to the toxins dead and dying flatworms release. So - I tore my tank apart and freshwater dipped just about everything and the 6-line went to live in my boyfriend's 36g column fish-only tank.
The FW dip does wonders and I also replaced the 6-line with a byno sleeper goby - who not only keeps the sandbed turned over and is fun to watch - but he also eats flatworms!!!
Bonus!
Moral of the story - FW dips are great (the bottom of my bucket was no longer blue - was far worse than yours!) and don't always trust what is written about some fishies! LOL