Rant needed

oceankid

I ordered sausage muffin, hush brown, coffee and fries. I wasn't able to eat all of it. So I walked towards the counter and asked for a plastic bag. Then I asked her if it's okay to have a water refill, then she said yes. She turned around before I brought out my bottle, so it's okay I thought she'll just get me a new plastic cup, but she picked the cash box (I don't know how it should be called, but it's where they put the money) instead, so it's okay again maybe she'll do it first, I waited again. After a minute of waiting I realized that she totally ignored me.

It happened somewhere in the Philippines.
What a disgusting service!

hunt

you think thats bad,We were driving to floarida and we were in tennisee or kentucky and we were at the drive through at mcdonalds, i oardered some chicken nuggets. So we pulled away from mcdonalds and there went any streetlights were we were so it was pitch black in the car. I opened my little box of chicken nuggets, feel inside, and i feel something. To my horror (at the time, i now love them) I pulled a pickle out of the box. I felt around some more anf found a hamburger patty. So i got a pickle and a patty instead of some chicken nuggets. Sick joke, or honest mistake, ill never know. Im just not going to mcdonalds in the back woods of kentucky anemore.

cranberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanKid http:///forum/thread/380636/rant-needed#post_3313346

I ordered sausage muffin, hush brown, coffee and fries. I wasn't able to eat all of it. So I walked towards the counter and asked for a plastic bag. Then I asked her if it's okay to have a water refill, then she said yes. She turned around before I brought out my bottle, so it's okay I thought she'll just get me a new plastic cup, but she picked the cash box (I don't know how it should be called, but it's where they put the money) instead, so it's okay again maybe she'll do it first, I waited again. After a minute of waiting I realized that she totally ignored me.

It happened somewhere in the Philippines.
What a disgusting service!
Did you remind her?

flower

Oceankid: I have worked fast food. I know as a customer you feel like you are all important. The truth is she may have had 10 things going at once, like closing out the cash box for next shift to take over that register. She mindlessly answered your question. Can you have a water refill?...sure you can.

Had you of opened your mouth and said "can I have a new cup?"...she would have apologized and gave you one. Now you stewed it over in your head and got angry about it.

Hunt: Someone grabbed the wrong box..you should have turned around right then and let them know, you might of gotten some free nuggets out of it as an apology.

gemmy

I used to be a manager in the food industry. I had to follow the LAST model when it came to customer recovery. Listen Apologize (depending on the circumstances apologize without accepting responsibility ex food poisoning case) Satisfy with added value and Thank the customer. I wanted to make sure the customer was more than satisfied with the outcome and got something extra for their inconvenience. If someone got the wrong order, they would get a free meal next time plus the correct order that day plus could keep the mix up order.

oceankid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/380636/rant-needed#post_3313618

Oceankid: I have worked fast food. I know as a customer you feel like you are all important. The truth is she may have had 10 things going at once, like closing out the cash box for next shift to take over that register. She mindlessly answered your question. Can you have a water refill?...sure you can.

Had you of opened your mouth and said "can I have a new cup?"...she would have apologized and gave you one. Now you stewed it over in your head and got angry about it.

Hunt: Someone grabbed the wrong box..you should have turned around right then and let them know, you might of gotten some free nuggets out of it as an apology.
I wasn't really angry but I felt so bad :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/thread/380636/rant-needed#post_3313481

Did you remind her?

Standing in front of her made me think that I don't need to remind her.

Anyway that's okay now, I have to understand them.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanKid http:///forum/thread/380636/rant-needed#post_3313691
I wasn't really angry but I felt so bad :(

Standing in front of her made me think that I don't need to remind her.

Anyway that's okay now, I have to understand them.

When you said she grabbed the cash box I knew she was very busy with other toughts. However you do need to learn to speak up, not be rude, but make your needs and thoughts known. I think it's an age thing, when I was girl I would never have spoken up either.

You should not of had to remind her because you were standing right in front of her, you were not in the wrong...I was just letting you know what to do in such circumstances because it will happen again if you live long enough. Next time, just speak up and say something like "excuse me, I know your busy but...I need a cup".

oceankid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/380636/rant-needed#post_3313696

When you said she grabbed the cash box I knew she was very busy with other toughts. However you do need to learn to speak up, not be rude, but make your needs and thoughts known. I think it's an age thing, when I was girl I would never have spoken up either.

You should not of had to remind her because you were standing right in front of her, you were not in the wrong...I was just letting you know what to do in such circumstances because it will happen again if you live long enough. Next time, just speak up and say something like "excuse me, I know your busy but...I need a cup".
Yes I agree with you. Thank you for that. I always had an argumentation with my dad when he was living.