rare sharks

civickid

does anyone know where i can get a wobbegong shark and a leopard shark. Im getting some prices together so i know how big to get my shark tank.

gasguzzler

I dont think you want to mess with a wobby. They get too big and too unpredictable. Id stick to the port jacksons for now. They would do awesome in a 600. I think in that tank I would do only one though due to thier gerth and somewhat-active personality.

H

hewetton

I wouldn't go with anythng less than 1000 gallon for any shark except for bamboo or other relatively small coral catsharks. Most people won't be able to keep Wobbegong unless they have the dedicated facility comparable to that of a public aquarium. But it was a relief that you didn't mention nurse or black-tip.

civickid

im reading up now because ii dont plan on getting a tank for a nother 6 months then the sharks wouldnt come in to play for nother 6 months after that so i plan on having alot of time. What about this set-up,, a PJ, 2 horns or 2 smoothies, bamboo and a small rayin a 600 gallon tank.

gasguzzler

Go with one horn, one smoothie and the ray. I think two of everything would be pushing it. The horns get to be 3+ feet and I think two would be a strain on the system and be detrimental to thier health. You dont have to listen, though.

civickid

what about a pj, smoothie and a bamboo cause i already have him and maybe a ray down the road. i trust what you say. Look at the size and the health of your animals. You know what your talking about.

gasguzzler

Yeah, all that stuff would be more than OK. Who knows, down the road you might be able to add the second smoothie if you wanted. Just give it time to see about where the others will grow to. Not all will reach thier max size, but IME, you can get a ball park figure inthe first 2 years.

gasguzzler

Not with a warranty. Most guarantee they will show up live to your door, but after that, youre on your own. I dont think there are any.

baytran7

fishranch in houston sells them for 150-200 depending on size, you could call them and maybe the guy will ship them to you. location is next to bellaire and hwy 59. they are 1-2 footers. i think he has them in a 250 with a tessalata for a few months now. very very cool fish.

civickid

well i already have a bamboo so it will be in the tank so i need something to go with him. Tony wouls all of the fish you listed go with the bamboo or will it be to cramped