RAW Images

maxalmon

I've ventured into the world of the unknow, Still trying to figure out all the settings on the new camera and now I'm shooting in RAW mode, which basically means that your going to edit the images with a program that will open raw images, other than that I'm still clueless.
I will admitt that I'm really liking the Nikon NX2 program, super easy to use with a lot of image controls.
This is my first image in RAW, did some touching up and pretty much has dead on colors.

maxalmon

I've posted a few pics of the pink zoa's, the pink is almost a metalic, neonish pink, pretty wild looking in person.

maxalmon

This one looks pretty good, still trying to figure out some settings. The macro details are amazing and I'm still working on my focus skills so there is room for improvement

stdreb27

raw is friggen cool. You can play with soo much stuff. You need to look at getting a CS3 to play with that stuff...

grubsnaek

great pics. but i hate looking at them, what im gonna go and take pics of my tank with my piece of a camera. hahaha no thanx im good....

keri

Nice job! I 've yet to explore the RAW function on mine - I still suck with the regular settings!!
I have simmilar pink zoos as well, amazing colours in person, you've done a better job at capturing the colour than I have

maxalmon

Thats acutally a VERY good photo, lighting is a little intense and photo is overexposed, but thats part of the learning curve. The next part is learning to correct the image thru editing so that you get a realistic photo. here is the same image, run thru a highpass filter and playing with contrast, no changes were made to the colors as I have the same zoas and this is a true to life color.
I was somewhat limited in what I could do, what do you think?

keri

That is really, REALLY cool!
I tried to capture some images in RAW format the other night - they looked GREAT on the camera but when I tried to upload them to my computer they wouldn't read. (On Photoshop 3 or Elements)
It's funny...I got them to open as tiny thumbnails using MS Paint lol.... Not much good it did tho ;)