Re: to Shoreliners Comment

shawnts106

Sorry just had to :), oh well ;)
SO SHORELINNNNNERRR you stated:
IMO (and all my textbooks) the reason why there are fossils of tropical plants in antarctica is because the antarctic continent used to be a part of a land mass called Pangaea I'm sure you've heard of. Yes the earth was most likely warmer at this time but the continent was also at a higher latitude. Explain how there are fossils if the earth is 8k years old? .Sedimentary rocks would not have the time to form And with that...I'm done with this thread.

Yes I have heard of Pangaea, however I do not believe in it, with all that water concentrated into one part the Temp on our planet not to mention the INCREDIBLE STORMS PRODUCED would be to unstable.
you also said, Explain how there are fossils if the earth is 8K years old... EASY!
Here I go:
Fossiles can form quite quickly, for example, and if you need to know where I will have to find it I do not have the reference just off the top of my head... but anyway there was a man who when he was a boy he and his father had chopped a bunch of trees down and was headding back home when it began to rain, well on the way down the hill they hit a back bump which caused some of the logs to fall off and be covered by a mudslide the father then told the boy to just leave them because it was raining, so then 25 years later, how 25million, the boy, all grown up went back up to the mountain there there were fossilized chunks of the logs that had gotten washed out of the dried mud...
Another was when a man at his job had left pallets laying out in a nearby area, there was a bad mudslide and of course it covered the pallets, 50 years later they had reemerged and tada fossilized pallets.
I believe there was a great flood, world wide, and it caused most of the fossils we find today, also made the grand canyon to some extent I think.
Dispite what you may have read fossils do NOT take MILLLLLLLLLIONNNNSSSS of yearrrrssss to make... research it and you WILL find where experiments have been made.
Sedimentary rocks would not have the time to form
Yes, if there was a world wide flood they would have... obveously...., dont believe me still , ok heres a cheap experiment you can do at home, take some garden dirt, sand, rocks and clay and mix it alllll up in a glass of water, then take it and pour it into a bigger jar filled with water and let it sit out in the sun for a few weeks, then come back out there and once the dirt, clay and sand have dried look in the jar and you will plainly see where distinct layers have formed.... :)
dont believe me still? Go ahead test it.. promise it works :)
any more questions?

shawnts106

BTW: you know the whole continental drift slash certain continents fit into others thing... I guess your textbooks didnt tell you that they SHRINK africa by 40% to fit it into south america?... dont believe me... research it :)

shawnts106

OH I do have a question about EVOLUTION!!!!
Please answer these since your religion is so scientific and correct... no sarcasasm intended.
So if evolution is true, then explain all the creatures that deffy evolution....?
for instance... the WoodPecker... his tounge attaches at the base of its skull then goes to its mouth and up into its nostrils then over the top of its head and behind its skull and then into its mouth.... explain what common ancestor has this tounge...?
or the Manipulla Bee *(the bee that makes vannilla)* this little stingless bee is quite a creature... you see it relys on a single species of flower called the Manipulla Flower, well whats unique about this flower is it ONLY OPENS for a few hours in the early morning ONE day out of the year.... well this little bee knows exactly, precisly how to get into the flower, he knows how to push up on the flower in such a way that he can get inside and pollinate it... explain this, ONLY this little bee pollinates that flower, its been proven because for several hundred years the Europeans tried to make Vannilla in europe and failed, so a guy *forget his name* went down there and studyed this flower and found the BEE!... AH HA he said! so thats why we cant get Vanilla beans in europe!!! So thats how artificial pollination came into play...
So explain how this bee knows how to open the flower and pollinate it, and explain how one exsists without the other... if the flower came FIRST, it would surely die off because it has to have this bee in order to be pollinated... and if the bee came first it would surely die off because it needs to pollen of the flower to make its honey....
Explain how elephants and manitees are supposed to be from one another...?... if elephants went back into the water and "evolved" into manitees then why do we still have elephants?
Explain the Sperm Whale since we are supposed to be on a aquatic site... you see the Sperm Whale can dive hundreds of feet into the water, but after a certain depth in the water the atmospheric presure varys so much at certain lengths that " supposibly" the whale should not be able to survive because the BLOOD would be PUSHED into its heart so fast it would die of a heart attach... but the Sperm Whale can shut off parts of its body from the rest... that way when he is diving to go eat some giant squid he doesnt EXPLODE from the pressure... explain how this works ... if everything that makes his circulatory system work properly wasnt there all at the same time how could he have exsisted.... he would have dived down there and exploded from the pressure.... or starved to death one!
Explain how Ostriches can kill a full adult lion with one kick?.... An ostrich knows EXACTLY how to kick a lion to kill it, and every time it always kicks the exact correct spot... if evolution were true then this bird would LONG SINCE been dead... I mean, if the ostrich didnt know exactly where to kick the lion the VERY FIRST TIME it would be dead, opps WRONG so oh well by by ostrich... it HAD to know the FIRST TIME exactly where to kick the lion, if not the entire species would be extinct....
Explain how a DOG can sence a storm comming MILES before humans ever even know about it... ?.. how did this evolve?
Explain how Emperor Penguins males can go without food for 2.5 MONTHS! IF evolution where true then the penguins would long since been extincted concidering that if the penguin did NOT have the body to withstand these freezing temperatures and go without food for such a long period and couldnt do this the exact first time it would be dead! So how does evolution explain this one?
Really I could go on and on, but Ill stop here for all you Evolutionists sakes....

darknes

Actually, there are very reasonable explantions for all those...I think you are really just listing interesting facts about animals, not disproving anything about evolution. Those are all interesting creatures, sure.
I didn't know there were people that still don't believe in evolution. :confused: It's like believing the earth is flat or the center of the universe.

ophiura

There is a lack of understanding of evolution, the idea of a "common ancestor," etc. etc. etc. There is no point in explaining/discussing it however because there is no room for actual discussion and open mindedness...often on both sides of the argument.
This thread will go no where, you've asked other people not to bring it up...jumped down people's throats for merely stating currently accepted scientific thought...asked not to bring religion into topics with the word "evolution" and yet you start another thread on the same issue which will only inflame people.
Your mind will not be changed.
My mind will certainly not be changed by your arguments.
Please accept it and carry on.
If you are confident in your own beliefs, you will not need to make other people prove or explain anything.
There is no doubt plenty of boards out there suitable for these discussions and I would ask you to take these discussions to the appropriate board. This is not it.