Ready to add

chub

After nearly 3mo with no fish in my 55 I am ready to start over I want active fish a couple clowns and a dwarf angel are on my list. Corals are in the distant future.....any ideas? would be helpful

chub

We really dont know why some died and some jumped. So I kept it up and running with water changes since late May. All the readings have been stable so now is the time to add. 2 clowns and 1 Dwarf Angel are on the list but would like to add 2 more smaller and 1 larger active fish

crypt keeper

In a 55 the dwarf angel should be the focus fish. BiColor or Flame. It should also be the last fish. Id get the clowns. Flame hawkfish, diamond goby, blenny and then the angel. Do you have a QT?

srfisher17

Just a comment on the clowns. If you want more than one, buy 2 juvis from the same tank or a mated pair. It is very tough to get any established clown to accept another. On the lionfish suggestion: there is no small lion that won't grow big enough to eat small clownfish.

crypt keeper

add any angel last and give it a few months for the rock to mature unless You have bought good rock. I cycled my tank and added new big sized pieces slowly as the weeks went on. If they are curred then there is zero fear of starting a ammonia spike or recycle.

crypt keeper

did you ever figure out why all the fish died? did you at all incoming fish for the correct time?
Personally Id start out with a fish that yes it would suck if it died but if it did you wont be heart broken. Like a damsel. Yes they can be a pain in the rear but a $5 fish vs $50 angel is way more worth the risk. If he lives take him out and take him back. Then start your fish list. qt each fish for 4 weeks.

chub

I was gone for a week and the guy who was watching the tank I sure added tap water for top offs instead of The R/O water I had 3ft from the tank, did the fish in. I got the two clowns from a guy who was moving he's had them over a yeAR. So I just added them to my tank.

oceansidefish

If you were me here would be my next additions...
Midas Blenny
Pair of Bangaii Cardinals- they are always in view
Randalli Goby
Dwarf Flame
Then you are done