Really Really Aggressive False Percs

redimpala01

We have (2) False Percs and they are VERY mean. I can't even do anything in the tank without them attacking my hands. I have tried the net trick and they scatter and get me from both sides. We are worried that if we add anything else they will bully them.....
These are the only (2) fish in our tank right now ( 29 Gallon )
Are True Percs any better than False?
Maroons look really cool but they get too big....
What should we do?

scarolinaguy20

I had two clowns that were the same way. Extremely aggressive! They never did mess with any fish unless I added another clown. What kinda fish do you want to add? I have added a 6 line wrasse and mandarin goby since and no problems. Just clowns vs clowns.

constantne

My bigger clown (female) always attacks my hand and seriously tries to draw blood. It leaves other fish alone so I dont worry about that.

shaunalynna

Hmmm this is strange to me and new to hear. I have had my 2 clowns since about July, maybe Aug with no problems of aggression towards me or other fish. I wonder what the problem could be? I always thought clowns were pretty easy going!

defcon11

they're just aggressive towards other damsels. I had a goby and dwarf angel w/ mine and they never bothered each other.

jsl

I've had a pair of perc. clowns and the female was an agressive eater and very aggresive towards the male. It didn't care much about other tank mates and when I stuck my hand in the tank, it just looked at it and moved on.

sepulatian

Your invading her territory. I have seen a one inch clown bite a hand when he was in a tank by himself. Try to introduce your hand slowly. They get used to it. I put my arm into my tank with two venomous lions in there. That is their home. Have respect for it. Bring your hand in slowly and move slowly if they don't know your hand yet. My fish know me by now. I still have my son watch from the side of the tank so he can tell me if anyone is sneaking up behind the rock. You don't have venomous fish though. I have to be careful.

mine did this for awhile till i moved them to a bigger tank. (im sure that had nothing to do with it) maybe theyre gonna breed soon? idk.

dse

mine are horrible to me also. everytime i go to clean the algey off they go mental and they turn into miniture sharks!
even in the bigger tank i'm scared for when they get to a large size my poor hand is gonna have to wear chain armor like some medievil soldier glove lmao!