recession hits home

socal57che

Well kids, it's been fun. I'll be taking the tank down in a few weeks. We have until January, then my wife's position will no longer exist. At least they didn't tell her on Christmas. (instead, she found out on her birthday)
All projects are now officially on hold and luxuries are going away.
I'll check in as long as I have internet.
Happy Birthday, honey.

meowzer

Sorry to hear this....maybe something else that is better will come along....I think you are a very faithful man.....so things will work out for you

socal57che

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/380597/recession-hits-home#post_3312893
Sorry to hear this....maybe something else that is better will come along....I think you are a very faithful man.....so things will work out for you

Thanks. We trust that God will provide what we need. This will open up the opportunity to devote more time to the non-profit that we have been working on.

Anybody want to buy a house? We'll gladly sell it for what we owe the bank.

reefraff

Sucks but at least they gave you some advance warning so you can economize before hand. Good luck. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

aquaknight

Stick around and let us know how things go. Hopefully this is just going to be a short temporary adjust, best of luck to you guys.

flower

I don't know what your wife does, I hope she finds another job very soon. There is unemployment benifits and The government has some programs in place to help homeowners, so I hope you get to keep your house.

socal57che

Thanks, guys.
My wife is a Vice President for a major portrait company. She is looking to contact head hunters before January. The company is cutting costs after a major jerkwad lawsuit last year that resulted in a $3M settlement.
No way we can keep the house if our income goes down at all. $2600/mo is hard enough already. She already took a $20K pay cut a while back. We have several properties back in Missouri to fall back on. It sure would be nice if a couple of them would sell before Christmas. They didn't really give her advance notice. The VP of field operations is a long time friend and he filled her in on corporate plans prematurely so she could do some planning. No matter what happens, we'll be fine. The money is cool, but we'd rather be poor than rich. We've made friends with some very miserable people who have lots of money. It seems to bring out the worst in them.

bang guy

I'm so sorry to hear you've entered some rapids in your life experience. I wish you the best for the upcoming opportunity that is just around the corner.

t316

Really sorry to hear socal. Just a bend in the road that will likely lead to a better destination.
Don't get rid of the car if you can help it.

T3

socal57che

Again, thank you all for the kind words. It's just a bump in the road of life.

We're keeping our wits about us and have a plan to minimize the impact.
Today, we went to SeaWorld and celebrated my wife's birthday. It was a wonderful way to get our minds off it for a while. Since we are paid up for 2 years, SeaWorld may be seeing a lot of us in the months to come.

mylady

Been there, done that, doing that, more than a few times. We always find a way through and I'm glad you know that you will too.

socal57che

Well. Monday I was informed that the shop I work for will be closing it's doors effective.........Tuesday. I loaded my iron and brought it home last night. Today I helped the owner pack up his personal effects. Talk about a curve ball. Wow. A fb friend and founder of TundraSolutions.com has recently lost everything and is living in his van north of Los Angeles. We are prepared to lose our home within the next couple months. I'm ready to see this economy turn around....how about you guys?

reefraff

Hang in there. Once things really turn I think the economy will kick in faster than a lot of people think. There is a lot of cash sitting around waiting for a more favorable environment to invest in.

meowzer

WOW....so sorry Socal.....I pray for you and your family that things start looking up for you guys....