recomended pet stores in Minnesota

chris200058

Does any one have any good recomendations for pet stores that aren't going to jack up the prices too high for Saltwater Fish In the Twin cities. I have been to forest lake pets and thats all?

The two I go to are 'A World of Fish' and 'Something Fishy'. They are both in Richfield, just south of Hwy 62. They are just a couple of blocks from each other. Both stores I would consider OK. But, they are the best saltwater stores I have found overall in the Twin Cities, so far. They are not cheap and the advice is inconsistant depending on who you talk to, at either store. You will find better prices on the internet for sure. I am planning on getting most of my future purchases from the web.
Good Luck,
-Christine

I

irenicus

I prefer to frequent "somethings fishy" They have very knowledgeable personnel and prices are lower the "world of fish". World of fishes prices are quite a deal highers and from my experience their staff is not up to par customer service wise and knowledge wise. That's where I seen 2 leopard sharks in a 55-75 gallon and a nurse is a 75. Sickening IMO. Go to somethings fishy, they ain't gonna give you bull.

terg

MVP (Most Valuable Pets (i think thats it)) in mankato, it might be a little far, because im a new pragueian (im from new prague mn) and its a little far for me, but i hear good thinks about it :p

I

irenicus

I can vouche for MVP pets. I went there when I was in college. I wouldn't visit if your in the metro area, but it is a perfect spot for southwestern/western minnesota. Bob runs a nice shop there!!!:D

neah84

whats the address for HAR MAR pets? i went to something fishy and a world of fish. somerthing fishy is cheaper. but i also have a friend that works for premieraquarium which is a store in richfield that usually does custom aquariums fr people and services there tank. since he is my friend i get all my fish from him. they quarenteen them for 2 weeks before i get them.

jjman101

I Go to a wet pet in apple valley but it is about half the size of something fishy the owner is very knowlegable but the kids that work there at night are not! There prices are a few bucks cheaper and if you come in on monday's about five when they get the new fish in you can get 20% off if they haven't put them in the tank yet.