Recommended PH Levels in Reef

I'm sure this has been covered before, but the search function is unable to perform a search for "PH." Anyway, what is the recommended PH level for a reef-type set-up? Thank you.
I have a tomato clown, an exquisite wrasse, a yellow-eye kole tang (just got him), a cleaner shrimp, a sally lightfoot crab, lots of little crabs and snails, a group of shrooms and lots of live rock. I have an "IFS" filtration system as part of the 65-gallon tank. 2-3 inches of live sand as well.
I believe PH is currently 8.2, but, as you know, it's really hard to tell using "Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Saltwater Master Liquid Test Kit."
I just did a small water change over the weekend to reduce nitrates from 10 ppm to 5 ppm. Ammonia and nitrite are 0 ppm.

jonthefb

a pH of 8.2 to 8.4 is considered normal in a reef tank.i try to keep mine more near 8.4 hwever, but you are fine where you are at.
good luck
jon

tjkohler

There are products that can keep your reef at 8.3. I was having trouble at the beginning with my nano's pH and started using this during my water changes. The pH has stayed pretty constant since I started doing that.