RED ALGAE!!! HELP

st3

im about a little over a month now into my new tank and im already getting red algae and its slimy.. i put my powerheads lower to circulate better. is there anything else i can do to get it out?? i scooped lots if not almost all of it out with a net. should i keep the lights off? less food? and oh yeah, what is a good ph buffer to raise the ph in a marine tank?

kev

Im not sure about a buffer for SW but... have you heard of proper ph 8.2... you jst dump the directed amounts in and it automatically sets your ph at 8.2... its some good stuff, it also adds aloe vera which helps your fishes skin and slime coat :D

kdlbem

Seachem makes a great PH buffer. it says it can't be accidentally overdosed. I've been using it for about eight months now, and it works great. Also, I've noticed other members who swear by Seachem products.
HTH,
B

carbo

Red Algae could be from over feeding to much light. A clean up crew might also help in this situation. Are you using tap water? There is a brown fiter pad which comes with some type of medication or chemical that takes care of red algae.
Chances are it is a combination of thing not just one thing causing the red slime.