RED ALGAE!!! HELP

st3

im about a little over a month now into my new tank and im already getting red algae and its slimy.. i put my powerheads lower to circulate better. is there anything else i can do to get it out?? i scooped lots if not almost all of it out with a net. should i keep the lights off? less food? and oh yeah, what is a good ph buffer to raise the ph in a marine tank?

mr . salty

Have you checked your Phosphate levels in there?? General poor water quality is the most common cause of red slime,And phos is usually the culprit.What are you using for top off water?? This is most likly the sorce of the problem.There is a product called Red slime remover,by RED SEA that works GREAT.If all else fails,try this....

carrie

I also used, red slime removed by red sea when I had the red slime in my tank. It worked pretty good. My phosphates were high which brought on the red algae.

2boyz

I'M SURE ITS ALL ABOUT WATER QUALITY.INSTEAD OF BUYING ALL KINDS OF PHOSFATE REMOVERS THINK ABOUT INVESTING IN A R/O UNIT.I.VE TRIED DIFFERENT PHOS. REMOVERS THEY SEEMED TO HELP BUT DID NOT ELIMINATE THE ALGAE. THE R/O REALLY SEEMED TO HELP. GOOD LUCK !!!!