Red and Green Favites

S

saltycrab

I just got this piece yesterday from my LFS (who has some really nice stuff now BTW).

This is under the actinics.

paintballer768

Very nice coral. It looks like its underfed or something, because the heads look like theyre raised up. Which LFS did you get this from?

S

saltycrab

What should I Feed it? Ive never kept much LPS before. I have phytoplankton and Rotifiers. I just dialed back my skimmer and dumped some rotifiers in the tank. I got it from the store on US1 1/4 miles south of Northlake. I forgot its name.
Also do LPS get a majority of their nutrition from the lights or from filter feeding.

jpc763

I feed my Favites Pentagonia cyclopeeze, coral frenzy and occasionally mysis. I spot feed it using a syringe with the PHs and skimmer off.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by SaltyCrab
http:///forum/post/2642442
What should I Feed it? Ive never kept much LPS before. I have phytoplankton and Rotifiers. I just dialed back my skimmer and dumped some rotifiers in the tank. I got it from the store on US1 1/4 miles south of Northlake. I forgot its name.
Also do LPS get a majority of their nutrition from the lights or from filter feeding.
Oceans Below? and you could do brine/mysid/silversides. It all depends on the size of the mouths

S

saltycrab

Ya Oceans below. They have some nice SPS in at reasonable prices now.