red coris or red tail

cbort

hey going to get either a red tail wrasse or a red coris wrasse or both anyone have any one have one of these or had? Any pics of them you can share? They will be in a 180g custom cube reef.

dogstar

Neither are safe with crustaceans like snails, shrimps, urchins, some clams, ect.
The Coris gets big and aggresive with smaller peacefull fish but hardy. The Redtail is " difficult, not hardy " but peacefull. IMO dont mix the two.

chesley587

I had a red coris he was cool a beautiful fish I thought it was neat how he buried himself under the substrate when the lights went out. I had shells in my tank that I found on the beach and he would go around to them flipping them over hoping there was food in them. He was a very neat fish. My first tank of fish tied from ick and copper treatment and he was one of them.

ginarox

i have a friend that had one,,will it was eating everything they had..so they finally got it out and took it to there lfs, to see if they can trade... she said she hated to do that cause he was very neat, but it wasnt worth loosing alot of there inverterbres. they have a 125 gallon...hope this helps have a great night...