Red month cap troubles

ooferret

I recently bought a monti cap and some star polyps from a local guy. They were looking great for a couple weeks and now the monti looks like it's turning white on me. It's my first batch of corals and I got it thrown in with the others but I still don't want it to die on me. Any advice if its save able or what I should do? It's in a biocube. I just bought a brand new tank it is about to be transferred into so I'd like to put it into the best possible situation to survive. It's just under 10k and actinic lights. Any ideas?

I do not think that you would be able to save it now, as they have already started becoming white. This type of problem comes, when not bought from a trusted source, you cannot reach the seller also to know more about this.

ooferret

I can call the guy I bought them from. His tank was an immaculate 180 gallon tank that had more corals than I would know what to do with and they were all beautiful so I know it was my tank. My tank was used and recently sprung a leak so I'm assuming that the havoc it has sprung on the water quality is the culprit