Red Monti turning white

ajroc31

Few days ago I have noticed that my monti was turning white in few spots. Its not bleaching, but it seems that its losing tissue, or its being eaten by something. During the day I do not see anything around it, and it was growing fine for 3 months with nothing effecting it at all. Please, if you have any suggestions as to what it could be, let me know. Water if fine, ph 8.3, alk 7, nitrates 0, phosphates .25-.5 (bit high i guess), but everyone else is doing great. Could it be not enough or too much flow issue? I had a Korelia 2 blasting on it, and it was fine. Moved it to another spot few weeks ago, and had a larger, but further away, pump on wavemaker flowing on it. My lfs suggested that it could be some monti eating bugs. Did anyone have any experience with it. I do not see anything on it.

nikesb

probably monti eating nudibranchs. use a red spot light to look at night or try dipping it to see if something falls off

J

jstdv8

mine is doing this too. I thought it was just the edges at first but now it looks like one of the areas is starting to creep onto the main body of the monti.
I looked in with a red light last night and didnt see anything.
Maybe I should move it into more light and more flow.

ajroc31

Thanks Nike.
@Jstdv8, the thing is, I did not change the the level at which mine is, move it a little, but the flow was still there. How much flow do they need? I guess, tomorrow my LFS owner will bring revive for me, I will dip it, and let you know how it goes.

J

jstdv8

how small are these nudis?
Is it possible that one of my parameters is the cause?
I also upgraded to a 120g from my 90g and kept the same light so maybe its not getting enough light anymore.
just tested my SG and it appears low too.
I'll work on a water cvhange by tommorow and see if I can get him up even higher with some super glue.
I lifted the frag piece and where it was siting there is all kinds of little white dots. But I don't see them moving. looks like salt.
might be left over sand that was in the water from when I set up the new tank buy I doubt it.