red pigment marks on yellow tang

yosh

I have noticed that my yellow tang has developed strange orange-red marks on his skin. The fish is in excellent shape, shows no signs of sickness, and has a diet of purple seaweed, romaine lettuce, and flake food. He also has plenty of green algea to graze on. I don't Know what these marks are from. Could it be from to much vitamin A in his diet. I do feed him alot of romaine lettuce, he loves it. He eats a piece of romaine a day that is much larger than him. I don't know where he holds all that food. If someone can help explain these please respond. :)

[hr]
72 gallon
lots of coral skeletons, lava rock, and crushed coral substrate
Large yellow tang, orange tail damesel, baby humu humu trigger, and baby niger trigger.(Don't worry I'm going to put the triggers in a larger tank when they start to get large).
bio filter

demosthenes

I don't know what causes it, or what it is, but I have experienced the same thing. I usually notice the red spot, on the tang's inner area on its side, in the morning after the lights have been turned on, or when I pass it after the lights have been turned off. I don't know what it is, but I noticed it in a yellow tang that I had until it died, and I noticed it in my new tang, which is a great eater, active, and has become a friend to my Kole tang, I hope that spot doesn't mean anything, or I've got a problem, and so do you.

demosthenes

I forgot to mention that when I bought my first tang I was told that tangs tend to "hemorrhage" in new tanks, and he warned that if I noticed it happening I needed to get it to an established tank, but the tang died from fish flukes anyways. HTH