Red Sea Prizm skimmer?

oceanic110

I would like to get some opinions on this skimmer. Red Sea Pro Prizm Skimmer. They say its rated up to 300 gallons, anybody have one?

scubamedic

Actually I have 2. I really like the surface skimmer because I don't have a sump with an overflow skimmer yet. I only have a 60 gallon and it works well on it. It's the only skimmer I have had so I can't speak as far as quite goes. I would not say it's silent but I have it in my bedroom and it does not keep me up at night either.
I used to think it was hard to adjust until I figured out how to do it now I think it's easy.
I am thinking of selling my other one if you are interested. It was only used for a month on a start up nano reef until I decided I needed a QT and 2 full tanks was to much trouble.

entice59

i have one in my room too, at first it seems very loud but you get used to it... or did it just break in... either way, i like my prizm, though i do not like how i have to adjust the flow a lot

broncofish

Mine worked great on my 55g, my buddy(GrumpyOldMan) liked it so much he's buying it from me. The redsea is a lot quieter than some of the generic prizm style skimmers I've heard. Personally I'm going skimmerless now. It's a lot like being at a ---- beach at first your scared a little but now I just feel free.