Red slime Remover

rocman

I recently put some Red Slime remover in my 90g tank the derections said to put 1 scoop per 15 gallons so I put 6 scoop.
The algi seems to be going away but when I turn on my skimmer I get alot of micro bubbles. Should I just let it go until the bubbles go away? Could the micro bubbles hurt my fish?

some1fishy

i thought that stuff also says to remove carbon and shut off skimmer, then do 25% water changes....? did you do this? erythrormycin (spelling?) works as well although this kills all bacteria so be weary when using meds and follow all directions to the "T". You still may have some meds in the tank... (just a thought).

rocman

Thanks for the info and the packaging did not say anything about carbon or skimmer all it said was the amount to put in. I did change 10% of the water yesturday I will change somemore today.
Thanks again

topfins-mj

This product will make th eskimmer produce lots of bubbles. You must lower the flow or turn it off completely until you are ready to do a water change. Two days I believe are fine. You will see the sand nice and clean afterwards.