Red Stuff

ramzrt32

Upon looking into my tank tonight I am noticing Red spots...... On the glass ont he plants..... I saw them before didnt think nuttin of then I scrubbed them and it seems they have come back..... I have done my water change ( 50 % )Do I need to get some fish to eat that crap I think it is alge.....
But then again I could be wrong.....
Jason

W

wrassefan

Need some tank info and specs on the water and age of setup. Sounds like either red algae or cynobacteria. I've had an outbreak on the cyno and am almost cured of it. Too much phosphates in the water. Are you using tap to do water changes?

ramzrt32

Tank is about a 3 month set up.....All levels are good to go....All are at the set limits......I think it is an out break of alge..... What would be the best cure for this????

W

wrassefan

Have you checked the phosphate levels? I just started using a tap water purifier to do water changes. My phosphates were high and I put in a phosphate sponge for 2 days. This has definitely improved my cyno outbreak. Almost minimal now. I just started using a product called "no-cya-no" which is suppose to destroy slime algae including cyno bacteria. I will let you know my results.

kb

I used a product called red slime remover and it got rid of all my red slime in 2 days.