Reef balls.

rainbow grouper

So reef balls rest in peace knowing you did your bit for the marine environment.
Reef ball summary.
Cremated
The ashes are put into a 1.8m thick concrete ball
The concrete ball is lowered down to the bottom of a reef providing a new and rich habitat for marine inverts and corals.
It is adopted as a home for many fish and inverts with soft and hard corals alike growing on the ball.
However it doesn't come cheap at prices of 5000 to 8500 dollars each,but IMO it's worth it to do your bit for the marine environment and lie eternally to sleep with the fish, corals, and inverts

al&burke

Oh I understand now - your ashes are encase in a 1.8 meter diameter ball of concrete - then your ashes are layed to rest in a reef.

darthtang aw

5000 dollars to be encased in concrete and sleep with the fishes? Jimmy Hoffa got a hell of a deal.
Darth (Gotti does it for free) Tang

snakeblitz33

5k is dirt cheap for a funeral....
Average funeral these days is 20k.
I agree though, RG, that you do need to explain things better.

reefraff

Cremation isn't that expensive. I'd drop the rest of the money on a boat charter with bar service and lets some friends go out and feed the fishes and party.

bigarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/388891/reef-balls#post_3432766
Cremation isn't that expensive. I'd drop the rest of the money on a boat charter with bar service and lets some friends go out and feed the fishes and party.
That's the route i'm taking. Dump my ashes in the ocean and party like i would've partied if i was there. My family and friends will know exactly what i'm talking about.
big (the final curtain means a party is certain) arn