reef chili

alix2.0

has anyone ever used this product? please let me know what you think. i guess some people swear by it, and others think its crap... seems to me you can get most of whats in it by feeding DTs, which is A LOT cheaper. (or like copepods, theyre already in your tank.)
anyways, let me know. thanks.

If your doing DT's and want a little more, stir up some fish poop(detritus) and let them feast. I use a mag float near the bottom. I shake the daylights out of it near the bottom and watch the poop fly. When the tunze's kick it around, you can really say it hits the fan.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by Worldwide Zoo
If your doing DT's and want a little more, stir up some fish poop(detritus) and let them feast. I use a mag float near the bottom. I shake the daylights out of it near the bottom and watch the poop fly. When the tunze's kick it around, you can really say it hits the fan.

lol, wouldnt that cause an ammonia spike?

Not at all bud. Most detritus is invert poop if anything and has very little impact on water quality. I've never seen an NH3 spike and I've fed them detritus for 3 years now. Also, the more often you do this the cleaner the system stays as some will get picked up by mechanical filter. If this was left over fish food or some decaying organic, you could see a spike. But it's not! It is broken down and metabolised. They love it, trust me(with an evil smile).
No seriously, they love it!

topfins-mj

I use reef chilli, not bad. I alternate it with Cyclopeeze and my corals love it. I use it twice a week.
You can try it just one bottle don't go crazy buying three bottles. See if that yields you better coloration or growth.

mscarpena

I just feed my corals whatever I am feeding my fish. If you want to you can try coral frenzie or reef bugs. I use reef bugs and it works well. If you are looking to just feed the little critters yes DT's will do the trick and if it's cheaper well then thats more $$ for corals.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Worldwide Zoo

definatly one of the best and cheapest coral foods out there is kicking up the top layer of your sand bed. (helps your filtration do its job too.)