Reef fish

T

tattooedlife

I've just received 30 pounds of live rock for my 55. (Planning on about 30 more, real soon) What type of reef fish will live happy with my Yellow Tang, Yellow Headed Jaw fish (I just couldn't git rid of him, real interesting fish.) What about the pygme angels? Is there a certain clown fish that does better in a reef tank? Also what type of additives should I use to help my rock looking its best? A freind of mine gave me some Seachem Reef Calcium, he used in his tank. Will this do my rock any good?
Also I'm using 2 stock "18 lights, plus two more I've added. Which bulbs should a buy for these four lights.........My lights will be the next thing upgraded........Yeah I know they realy need it!!!!!!

sharkbait

Dont worry too much about your tangs. They get along with just about everyone. You can even get a lion fish(fish only tank) as long as your tang is egual size or bigger. Avoid groupers, rays, and sharks because eventually they will get huge. I know certain additives help promote coral growth. But as for the health of your live rock. Live rock is made up of many different little life forms. Algae for the most part grows on live rock. Algae loves Nitrates NO3 and lots of good light. Watch your water quality (salinity, ph, copper, etc...)and let nature take its course. What do the experts say?

veskas

Don't be surprised if the Yellow Tang doesn't get along with anyone!!! Yellow & Purple Tangs can be VERY territorial. I've seen them badger other fishes without mercy by backing into them!!
Good Luck!