"Reef Invertebrates", a must read!

fishmamma

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping: I just received my copy of Reef Invertebrates: An Essential Guide to Selection, Care and Compatibility written by Anthony Calfo and Robert Fenner. This book is worth it's weight in gold over the photographs alone. I have not yet read it through but know it will be a wonderful reference to those reef keeping in this hobby. :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

mrdc

I've actually been looking at that book and it gets good reviews. Kind of pricey but I still have some Christmas gift certificates that I need to use.

fishmamma

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
have you read the one by Ronald Shimek??? It is really good! My absolute favorite!!
I don't think so, what is th title?

mrdc

I'm thinking maybe A PocketExpert Guide to Marine Invertebrates: 500+ Essential-to-Know Aquarium Species . I have that one and the one for fishes.

fishmamma

Originally Posted by mrdc
I've actually been looking at that book and it gets good reviews. Kind of pricey but I still have some Christmas gift certificates that I need to use.
It was a bit pricey but it has been on my wish list for quite some time and I am so thrilled to finally have it. I have thumbed through many marine keeping books and this is by far the best for invert ID that I have seen.

fishmamma

Originally Posted by mrdc
I'm thinking maybe A PocketExpert Guide to Marine Invertebrates: 500+ Essential-to-Know Aquarium Species . I have that one and the one for fishes.
I think that may be by Scott Michaels?? :notsure:

fishmamma

Celac- Did you end up getting one of those blue stars? Give me an update, I havn't heard from you in a while. :joy: